How to Install Pro Sports on Kodi
The UK is the home to a vast number of sports fans, but the way cable TV is going it gets harder and harder for people to watch their favourite sports.
To do this, they need to sign up for a cable subscription which includes a sports package.
There is an alternative though in the form of the Pro Sport Kodi add-on which is great for any sports enthusiast.
It covers all the latest and also offers sports which wouldn’t be shown in the UK such as full coverage of the NBA and the NFL plus much more.
With this live stream pro Kodi add-on, you can easily watch your favourite sports or team from anywhere in the world.
With an exception.
Importance of using VPN’s
It is advised to check on using a VPN for any activity you do online. This makes all online shopping and banking much safer, and also using Kodi Pro Sport becomes a breeze, and there is no worry of geo-blocked content.
Without a VPN you can receive copyright infringement notices because local ISP’s do monitor what sites you visit on a continual basis. Such has been the case with illegal premier league streams in the UK.
It is, for this reason, UK users should use a VPN with Kodi add-ons for sport because not all content is legally streamed.
Installing the Pro Sport Kodi add-on
Here are the steps needed to install the Pro Sport add-on onto Kodi and get it up and running.
- Once you have launched your Kodi app (Krypton or later), then click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Navigate to System Settings > Expert Mode > Addons.
- Here you need to enable ‘Allow Unknown Sources.’ If this is not done, you won’t be able to install any third-party add-ons.
- Once you see the warning box pop up, click on ‘Yes.’
- Navigate back to your Kodi home screen, and click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- From here, go to your File Manager > Add Source.
- To add the source type in this address: https://cazwall.com/repo/
- You can name it “Cazwall repo.”
- Once it has installed, navigate back to the Kodi home screen
- Now go to Add-ons > install from .zip file.
- Choose ‘Cazwall’ Repository > v7 > addons.
- Then from here install the following repository. simplycaz-1.0.1.zip
- Wait a few moments until you notice the add-on enabled pop-up notification.
- From here, select Install from the repository.
- Select the “Simply Caz” repository to open it.
- Now, click on Video Add-ons > Pro Sports and press on the install button.
- Wait a few moments until you notice the install Pro Sport Kodi pop-up notification.
- Now navigate back to the Kodi home screen and click the ‘Add-ons’ tab from the left-hand column.
All the video add-ons you have installed and will include the Pro Sports add-on will appear here.
Pro Sport Add-on Not Working
On occasions, users have reported the Kodi Pro Sport not working as they expected. This can be due to a couple of reasons we will explore in this section.
The first thing to do is to make sure your Pro Sport add-on is set to auto-update. This will find any bug fixes or other updates and update the add-on automatically.
If the problem still occurs when the add-on is updated, it could be your ISP is throttling or blocking your live sport feed. The fix is as we mentioned is by using a good quality VPN service.
A newish error has begun cropping up, and this is when the Pro Sport add-on has attempted to connect to a stream which is being shown on YouTube. This is simply the latest version of the Kodi YouTube add-on not being updated.
Unfortunately, the developer of the original Kodi extensions for YouTube add-on no longer develops it, so it has taken another individual to find a fix.
- The first step is to make sure you have the very latest YouTube update installed after you have uninstalled the old version. This can be found at the following link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=06194628115201876657
- One here you should see a link to download the following: plugin.video.youtube-184.108.40.206.zip
- Save this to your download folder.
- Open Kodi and head to system > Add-ons
- Select My Add-ons
- Select All
- Scroll down until you find YouTube but don’t open it, just highlight it.
- Open the context menu by pressing C on the keyboard or however on the device you are using.
- Select Add-on Information
- Scroll down and select Uninstall
- Navigate back to the Add-ons menu and choose Install from Zip File
- Browse to your download folder and select the YouTube add-on you downloaded
- You should now have the latest working version of the YouTube add-on.
Use a Trusted VPN
As we said at the start, when you watch sports on Kodi, you need to make use of a VPN. This not only stops your ISP from watching every site or location you visit, but it also prevents them from slowing your connection while you are streaming or playing games.
A good VPN also encrypts your connection, so you are safe from hackers, and the top services now include steps to prevent malware and blocking ads.
UK users might consider this an on cost, but with strict regulations which are only going to become worse, and for the privacy of all your family members it is a small cost to bare, and top UK VPN is often cheaper than your regular cable subscription.
Now you can access so much content that you wouldn’t typically be able to see, and much of this being sports.
The big events are only PPV, and motorsport rights are snapped up by the large TV broadcasters, so there is no other way to keep up with your favourite sports.
A VPN such as ExpressVPN resolves this issue, and at the same time provides bank-grade security, and can stop any hackers gaining access to your home network.
This is the very best way how to watch live sports on Kodi in the UK, or anywhere.