There might be a few Kodi users who’ve never heard of Ares Wizard, or there are ones who found it was down and missing a while ago.
Luckily, this great Kodi add-on is back up with a new URL and plenty of new builds.
The Ares Project repo is where you can find this add-on which not only contains a plethora of great content from other third-party add-ons, but it also includes its own Ares add-ons.
These Kodi crackdowns are still happening, and are blocking vast numbers of users from watching free content. If you use the best VPN, you can not only protect your identity but also bypass any geo-restrictions this content might possess.
To adequately protect yourself from any DMCA notices and copyright issues among other things, the best solution for VPN will be run through toward the end of the article.
Ares Wizard Repo URL
This wizard was shut down last year which saddened much of the Kodi community. Ares Wizard was a key component of their Kodi builds because it brought much more than mere access to great content. It is probably the best Kodi maintenance tool a user can find.
With open arms, its return has been welcomed, and it can be found using the new URL: “http://ares-repo.eu/. “
Now we know its back up, let’s take a look how to download Ares Wizard and install it.
Installing Ares Wizard on Kodi Krypton or Higher
- Open Kodi on your device > Click the Settings icon > Select File Manager > Double click on Add Source.
- You will see a box appear, so click where it says “None.”
- You will be asked for the repo URL so type Ares Wizard new URL: http://areswizard.uk/ and click OK
- In the box below type the name of your media source “Ares” and Click OK and then Click OK again.
- Navigate back to the Kodi Main Menu by pressing the “Backspace” key
- Click on Add-ons > Now click the Package Installer icon.
- Click on Install from Zip File Option
- Click on Ares wizard repo > repository.aresproject > repository.aresproject-0.0.8 and wait for it to install. You will get a pop-up box confirmation.
- Once installed, click on “install from Repository” option and click on Ares Project
- Go to Program Add-ons > Ares Wizard > Install > Wait for the pop-up to confirm it is installed.
- Navigate back to your Kodi Main Menu again
- Select Add-ons > Program Add-ons and click on Ares Wizard. It automatically installs and loads the Wizard. This can take a few minutes.
- Once installed, you will be re-directed to its Wizard where you can choose add-ons and Builds.
Before running the Ares Wizard or any other Kodi add-on, you should make sure you are using a VPN service to maintain your privacy and prevent any ISP data retention. The recommended VPN is after the following sections.
For now, let’s see what great features the new Ares Wizard brings.
Ares Wizard Features
- Backup – Users can now quickly create backups of their Trakt and Real Debrid accounts. This feature helps retain your data if you re-install or update the Ares build, Kodi or make changes which could corrupt account details.
- Settings – The new settings menu is more comprehensive and allows users to filter content while also checking for Kodi Ares Wizard build updates, and the ability to make changes in device configurations.
- Tweaks – This new tweak feature allows users to clear the Kodi cache quickly and efficiently, and to also patch their Ares Wizard URL or other add-on provider URLs. This URL patching and cache clearing help to improve streaming quality and overall speed of Kodi.
- Maintenance – There are many new tools added in the maintenance menu. These can help you stream with this wizard, without needing to worry about quality and storage issues.
- There are options like the thumbnail clearing, clearing the Cache and managing any accounts which are also added to this section. A pop-up regarding configuration has also been introduced.
Ares Wizard Not Working
On the odd occasion, you might receive and Ares Wizard error in the form of a black screen when the wizard fails to load.
This is purely the fact you might be using an older Kodi version. To remedy this, you can quickly make a Kodi download and upgrade to the latest version.
Protect Yourself and Your Kodi
With so much surveillance going on around the internet, ISP’s are logging all of your online activity regardless of having your permission or not.
This data is held for a period and should any government agency request these logs, they will be handed over.
On top of this, governments, and not just the UK’s are performing their own intelligence, and with this comes the receiving of free content which can bring copyright infringement notices to UK users.
Furthermore, there is the ever-increasing online threat from hackers and viruses where it is highly advised for any heavy internet user to use a VPN service.
Choosing the Best VPN for Kodi
Selecting the best VPN for using with Kodi or protecting your family’s home connection can be as hard as locating working add-ons, but to save you all the work and research you would need to do (not all VPN’s are created equal) we have one recommendation which will work flawlessly with Kodi.
ExpressVPN is the very best regarding performance which is crucial to prevent Kodi buffering.
They have one of the most extensive global networks and can bypass any geo-blocked content restrictions with ease (think US Netflix).
They offer unlimited bandwidth, and all of your connections are encrypted with the most robust encryption available without compromising on your internet experience.
From the straightforward sign-up procedure to locking down your connection in a secure manner takes mere minutes, and new users can find it a breeze to complete.
On the rare occasion, you find yourself with a problem, this VPN provider is there 24/7 365 to get you up and running again.