When Netflix had the plan to ban VPNs, few people thought it was possible. Unfortunately, they were so successful in their efforts to prevent the use of VPNs that many VPN providers gave up trying to bypass the Netflix blocking scheme.
The good news is that NordVPN works, and is not one of these providers, but this does not mean that there are no problems.
Besides, when you ever see a Netflix library, you’ll know that the United States library contains far more than any other library in the world. Besides that, some regions have content that is not on the US website.
Therefore, it’s a more compelling argument to use a VPN when you have a Netflix account setup, or you are thinking about having a Netflix account.
You can learn everything you need to know about how to watch Netflix with NordVPN, and maybe a little more.
How to Use Netflix with NordVPN
To run Netflix with NordVPN is simple using these instructions.
- To access Netflix from anywhere, it is straightforward with this VPN.
- Head to the NordVPN website and subscribe
- Follow instructions and download then install NordVPN for Netflix on your computer or device where you will watch Netflix
- Check all Netflix apps and browser windows are closed or not running
- Start your NordVPN client and log in
- One inside the app, select the country for the Netflix library you want to access. Example: Netflix US, select a US server. For another country, select that particular server
- Open your browser and head to Netflix, or start the app as you would usually.
- You will see different content, and you can begin streaming after choosing your content
NordVPN Not Working with Netflix
Netflix has locations, and to match these, NordVPN servers are located in the vicinity. Here are the NordVPN servers and respective countries.
- USA – 3102, 4318, 5016
- UK – 1011
- Australia – 510
- Canada – 967
- Germany – 540
- France – 428
- Japan – 396
- Netherlands – 384
If you find you have issues, here is all you need to get Netflix and NordVPN working again.
If you ever have issues with Netflix error m7111-5059, or written as m7111-1331-5059. You may need to take matters into your own hands to correct the problem.
You will find this can happen, regardless of the Netflix library you want to access.
Instructions for Windows, macOS, and Linux:
- Terminate your NordVPN application
- Clear the cache of your browser
- Change the device DNS servers to 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- Restart your computer
- Start the NordVPN client (if not set to auto-start) and connect to the VPN country
Android or iOS devices:
- Close your Netflix app or log out of the website
- Kill the NordVPN app
- Change DNS servers to 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 on your device
- Restart your device
- Start the NordVPN client (if not set to auto-start) and connect your VPN to the chosen country
- Open the Netflix app (if using)
Any problems should be resolved, and you should see NordVPN work with Netflix.
Why Should I Use NordVPN with Netflix?
Netflix tries to eliminate VPNs by periodically blacklisting VPN IP ranges. This means smaller VPN services with limited IP addresses find they lose the chance to unblock Netflix from that particular region.
NordVPN uses two methods to solve this problem. First is its vast network of over 5842 servers across 59 countries. With this comes vast numbers of IP addresses, which are encrypted and very secure.
Second, NordVPN uses obfuscated servers, and even Netflix cannot tell the connections come from Nord’s servers.
Speed is another issue when accessing streaming services outside the UK. Netflix has speed requirements for their content.
Videos need to load quickly and play without buffering. VPN encryption does add some overhead and thus slow your connection a little. Most VPNs have trouble meeting the demands of Netflix to deliver these speeds.
Here are Netflix’s minimum speed requirements:
- Standard quality video – 480p – 3 Mbps
- High definition video – 720p – 5 Mbps
- Ultra HD – 1080p – 25 Mbps
Another issue here is ISP’s throttle connections when streaming, so encryption has to be good to stop them seeing your activities.
NordVPN is among the top VPN service to prevent connection slowdowns because of ISP’s.
Additional Benefits for NordVPN
Even before you get NordVPN working with Netflix, you can find countless other benefits.
- Military-grade levels of security: AES 256 Bit encryption, double-hop VPN, and TOR over VPN
- Strict zero-logging policy
- Kill switch with DNS and WebRTC leak protection
- P2P and torrenting servers
- Unlimited bandwidth and download limits
- Easy to use apps across major devices
- 24/7 customer support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
You can find the NordVPN, Netflix relationship does break down at times, and it can leave users frustrated until they get their IP’s off the blacklist.
For some users, they may find if this occurs too often, it may be time to consider an alternative. We already saw that Netflix works best with the fastest VPN, and the recommendation over Nord does this remarkably well.
The best VPN for Netflix has been the same for many years, and on occasion, they do suffer a couple of hiccups.
However, the 24/7 live chat customer service for ExpressVPN, means they can give you the location of a new server in minutes.
It can be hard to fit in everything about this VPN, so it is advisable to check out our in-depth ExpressVPN review and see how it betters other VPN’s.
There is one thing for sure; you can sign up with their industry-best money back, and try it for one month.
By the time comes to decide to cancel or carry on, you will know you have been using the best VPN for the UK.