How to Unblock Primewire in the UK (1Channel)
The Primewire streaming service is impressive and has been around for a while. However, it has garnered a lot of attention from various organisations which have attempted to shut it down.
The site has had many URLs which don’t work, but there is an alternative method you can use to watch 1Channel Unblocked from the UK.
As an example, one of the old URLs 1channel.ch now redirects you to a domain for sale site.
By using Kodi, you can use the 1Channel Kodi add-on to watch streams which are taken directly from the Primewire proxy wherever it might be.
Unblocking Primewire (1Channel) With Kodi
The add-on for Kodi is actually 1Channel, but this takes the content directly from Primewire. So there is no real 1Channel proxy so to speak, but following these installation instructions, you will get Primewire unblocked the UK working.
Installing 1Channel Kodi Add-on is straightforward, just follow these steps:
- Launch Kodi Krypton then click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Navigate to System Settings > Expert Mode > Addons.
- Turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Or you won’t be able to any install third-party add-ons.
- Once the warning box shows, click ‘Yes’.
- Navigate back to the Kodi home screen, and click the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Go to File Manager > then Add Source.
- Select None > Enter the following path without quotes “http://mediarepos.net/kodistuff”.
- Name it ‘kodistuff’ in the box below and click OK.
- From your Kodi home screen, select Add-ons.
- Select the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner (small box icon)
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ > kodistuff.
- Select the repository.smash-x-x-x.zip and install it.
- Wait until you see the pop-up add-on enabled notification box.
- Select Install from the repository.
- Select the Smash Repository to open.
- Select Video Add-ons > 1Channel and click on install.
- Wait till you see the 1Channel add-on pop-up Enabled notification.
- Navigate back to the Kodi home screen and choose Add-ons from the left-hand side column.
- All of your video add-ons, including 1Channel, will be shown here.
Security of Watching 1Channel (Primewire)
With all the attention this long-standing streaming service has received, many UK users are asking “Is Primewire safe?”
After installing the Primewire Kodi (1Channel) add-on, you might see a message regarding the update being developed by “www.tvaddons.co” This box vanishes on its own, so there is nothing malicious of its nature.
The TVAddons team are in the middle of a couple of court cases in the USA and Canada. It is for this reason, all UK Primewire Kodi users, or anyone who uses Primewire directly from a working site to use a VPN service.
This can help bypass any geo-blocked content should it arise, and also it can stop any organisations from monitoring your Kodi or internet use.
With data retention rife in many countries, it doesn’t take long for copyright infringement notices to be served to users.
Choosing a Good Kodi VPN
For the best Kodi experience and to be sure to “let me watch this unblocked” content safely, a good quality VPN is required.
However, for UK users this isn’t as clear-cut as it seems. Following the trend can lead you to a VPN service which isn’t suitable, or you are tied into so you could end up losing money.
VPN’s come in many flavours, and to save a few quid, you might think I’ll opt for the best free VPN.
With this option, you can find your information being sold to marketing companies, or are you take TunnelBear as an example and use their free version.
This will disappoint because it only offers 500MB per month, and to top that, they are based in a 5-eyes country, so any government agency could knock on their door.
The NordVPN service is up next and can be a worthy contender, it is highly ranked among all VPN’s. But, there are two downsides.
They are linked to a US-based company which might have implications regarding your privacy, and also their speeds are not the fastest over a long distance. Watching Primewire content might suffer as a result.
The best VPN for Kodi is the one which offers the very best protection, the fastest connection speeds, ease of bypassing geo-blocked content, strict no logging policy and based offshore (no 5-eyes). All this comes in one package which is ExpressVPN.
You can even sign up and use for 1 month and take advantage of their no quibble 30-day money back guarantee. There aren’t many users who cancel and carry on looking for another service.