How to Install Sanctuary on Kodi (Quantum)
What was formerly known as the Sanctuary add-on, the Quantum add-on for Kodi faced some re-branding a while ago. After legal proceedings in the Kodi community, a few add-on Kodi developers were forced to close their operation.
Luckily, a few resurfaced and carried on from where they left off. Sanctuary Kodi is still going strong and has an extensive library of IPTV channels among others.
Here, we will take a look at how to install Sanctuary add-on, on Kodi Krypton. We will also look at some Kodi tips on how to protect your connection using a PC or an Android box or any other device by using a Kodi VPN.
Additionally, Quantum covers plenty of worldwide TV channels, movies, and TV shows, up to more specialist content like documentaries and anime.
Everything is organized, and Kodi users can find things to watch in a couple of clicks.
Installing the Quantum Kodi Add-on?
Quantum is coming from its own repository, this makes thing straightforward, and it will help with not only installing Sanctuary but also for the add-on’s longevity.
Thus, we’ll teach you how to use that repository and how to install Sanctuary on Kodi (Quantum).
Before starting, be sure to read the following segment, because it explains how to enable third-party add-ons. By default, Kodi will only allow official Kodi add-ons.
Here’s how you can do that.
- Open Kodi and click the gear icon in the top-left corner
- Click to open ‘System Settings’
- On the left of the screen, select ‘Add-ons.’
- Click on ‘Unknown Sources’ on the right. This triggers a warning message
- Ignore the warning by confirming your decision
- Double-check the toggle switch is set to ON.
Let’s look at how to install Quantum on Kodi.
- From the Kodi Home Screen, click on the gear icon. This takes you to Settings
- Now click on ‘File Manager.’
- Double-click ‘Add Source’ on the left of the screen;
- You should see a pop-up. Click on ‘None’
- Add the following URL exactly: http://sanctuaryrepo.esy.es/sanc/. Copy and paste to make things easier. Click ‘OK’;
- Name your new media source – ‘Sanctuary Repo.’
- Click ‘OK’ to get rid of the pop-up.
- To install Sanctuary, we need to access the web source and install the Sanctuary Repository so we will have access to Quantum inside.
- Navigate to Kodi’s Home-Screen
- Select ‘Add-ons’ in the main menu
- Click on the open box icon in the top-left corner
- Now, select ‘Install from ZIP file’;
- Click to open the ‘Sanctuary Repository’;
- You will find a ZIP file named ‘repository.sanctuary-1.0.1.zip’. Click on install.
- You will see an add-on enabled notification after a couple of minutes
- Navigate to Kodi’s Home-Screen and go to ‘Add-ons’;
- Click the open box icon;
- Click on ‘Install from Repository’
- Navigate to Sanctuary add-on Repository – Video Add-ons – Quantum
- When you open this entry, you can select ‘Install.’
Installing Sanctuary on Kodi Jarvis 16
- Open Kodi and head to System – File Manager and click Add Source type, so click on ‘None.’
- Add this URL http://sanctuaryrepo.esy.es/sanc/
- Click OK and add Media Source type Name ‘Sanctuary’ and Click OK.
- Navigate to the Kodi Home Screen – System – Add-ons – Install from Zip File – Sanctuary – repository.sanctuary-1.0.0.zip
- Click Install from Repository – Sanctuary
- Select Video Add-ons – Quantum – Install.
- Navigate to the Home Screen – System (Select file manager) – Add-ons – Quantum
Sanctuary Kodi Password
If attempting to access adult content on Kodi, Sanctuary password will be needed. You can get this directly from the add-on developer on Twitter.
Quantum Kodi Add-on: What to Expect?
When you open this Kodi add-on, you are presented with 10 different entries. Each hides subsections of content. Kodi becomes an even more powerful streaming machine.
Big Bag ‘O’ Tricks – You will find a bit of everything here. You will see the TV Guide so you can see what’s on the air.
Next is ‘Today’s Football’ with live streams of football matches. There are also categories like ‘Latest Episodes’ and ‘Recent Movies.’
This list recently found streams on the Web and work without issues. You then have ‘Favourites’ and ‘Search.’
24/7 – Offers a wide selection of movies and cartoons. Although, some sections don’t work reliably
Documentaries – You can find lots of documentaries from two sources. But, only one works reliably – Fido Documentaries.
Kids – Here you will find 7 sources of content suitable for kids and adults
.Live TV – This is where you can find international TV channels.
Movies – Here is a vast selection of movies you can browse. You can search for titles or take a look at all the recent releases. There are three specialized sections: 4K, 3D, and 1080p movies.
Quantum is one of the best Kodi add-ons that streams 4K content to Kodi.
Music – With a few available sources here, only the Fide Live Music works, and you’ll find an extensive library of music. With top charts, live radio, and music videos.
Sports – This sports section gathers content from six sources. Deliverance and BAMF don’t work which leaves four alternatives. Check out ‘Renegades Darts’ that brings plenty of high-quality content.
TV Shows – An all-in-one add-on like the Quantum Kodi wouldn’t be complete without TV shows.
But, you may be disappointed and have to look for an alternative. Quantum’s TV Shows streams are having issues at present, so it is better to install another add-on.
Add-ons – The ‘Add-ons’ section is a gateway to other add-ons. You will see 10 entries, and you can use any with one or two clicks.
Be sure to select Sanctuary options. You may find alternative add-ons to the non-working sections in Quantum.
Using a VPN with Kodi
Because this add-on is not official, and it has had problems in the past, you will need a VPN for Kodi.
These mask your connections so ISP’s can’t snoop and retain any useful information. Also, governing bodies who try and clamp down on Kodi will not know you are using this add-on to stream free content.
Additionally, there are a few streams that may be geo-blocked so the best VPN (ExpressVPN) will bypass these restrictions easily.
It is highly advisable to make use of this VPN service to have the best Sanctuary (Quantum) experience and to limit the chances of any legal comebacks.